Hi, everyone! Today I thought I’d take a break from character profiles to do the Ultimate Book Tag! Thanks so much to Holly of Nutfreenerd for tagging me! You should all go and check her blog out! So, without further ado, let’s get started.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Nope :-) It’s one of many skills I have!
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
George R R Martin. I love his A Song of Ice and Fire series, and you can see elements of this series in his earlier works.
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give three points to defend your answer.
Confession time: Never read Twilight so it has to be Harry Potter, but here’s three reasons anyway.
1) Introduced me to fanfiction
2) Snape (OK, I have a bit of a crush on Alan Rickman!)
3) It’s the book series that connects my Dad and me – it started off him reading them to me (until book 3 when it got too scary – dementors), and then after that I read them by myself. We also both went to the cinema to watch the films together.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it? (besides books)
5. Do you smell your books?
No – I don’t see the point.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later that it wasn’t quality writing?
Lucy Daniels – Animal Ark series.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not that I can think of!
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Immortal Bird: The Nightingale in Romantic Poetry, selected and introduced by Duncan Wu. ‘Ode to a Nightingale’ by Keats is one of my favourite poems, and this reading doesn’t hurt either:
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Another poetry book! This time it’s The Complete Poetry and Prose of William Blake, ed. by David V Erdman. I did a whole unit on Blake at University and he was also my dissertation topic.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I’m trying to write!
12. When did you get into reading?
As soon as I learned to read, practically. My parents had always read me bedtime stories, so when I finally learned to read on my own I quickly developed an insatiable appetite for words and all things bookish. I regret nothing!
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Sense and Sensibility, by Jane Austen. I always feel sorry for Colonel Brandon!
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… what would you do?
Depends. I might give it another try if I didn’t hate it that much, but otherwise I would probably donate it.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
Just read Harry Potter!
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
I get distracted by my celebrity crushes!
18. What is your favourite word?
Dessert – I’m diabetic so don’t have that many!
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Most definitely a nerd.
20. Vampires or fairies? Why?
Vampires – they can be sexy!
21. Shapeshifters or angels? Why?
Angels, because they’re nice.
22. Spirits or werewolves? Why?
Spirits, because they’re not going to hunt me down every full moon.
23. Zombies or vampires?
Vampires – much rather have my blood sucked out rather than eating organs!
24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Definitely the latter, as that’s what I hope to write! I agree with Holly that romance books, no matter how well written, can get a bit boring after a while. I’d much rather read about crazy adventures with a few relationships added to the mix.
This tag was so fun! And guess what? I TAG YOU! That’s right, I tag everyone to do this tag!